Pre & Post Microneedling Instructions
- Avoid Accutane for six months prior to beginning your treatment sessions.
- Avoid blood thinning agents for one week prior.
- Do not use topical agents that may increase the sensitivity of your skin such as retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics or acids 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil for at least 3 days prior to your microneedling session. These will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- No waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis to the area being treated for 7 days prior.
- Do not shave the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there’s dense hair present in the treatment area, shave the day before you arrive for your appointment.
- If you’re prone to cold sores, take an antiviral agent 2 days prior to the day of the treatment.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications for 7 days after the procedure.
- Do not use ice on your face, and avoid using arnica/bromelain.
These may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at
least 2 weeks.
- After 24 hours, always use sunblock (SPF30 or higher) and wear a hat when outside.
- Use a painkiller, such as Tylenol, if you experience any soreness.
- Avoid strenuous exercises that cause sweating as well as jacuzzis, saunas, and steam baths for up to 48 hours.
- Use only mineral makeup after 24 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed.
What to expect
- A sunburn-like effect is normal. Your skin may feel tight, dry or sensitive to touch. Treat the skin gently by washing it with cool water, and only pat dry, no earlier than 4 hours after treatment.
- Some redness may also be present, and in some cases slight bruising that can last for 5-7 days, and temporary swelling for 2-4 days.
- Peeling usually starts 3-5 days after the treatment. You’ll notice skin dryness and flaking which is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. DO NOT pick, scratch, or scrub the treated skin!
- *Important information: You must allow the old skin to flake off naturally and keep it moisturized at all times.
- You may start your regular skin care products again, once your skin no longer feels irritated. Most Clients notice continued skin improvements over the months following their last treatment.
For best results, we recommend repeating microneedling treatments every 6 weeks, with a series of 3-6 treatments.